Tuesday, October 21, 2014

wish me luck

I woke up the other morning feeling ready for a change.

I've been wondering for a while whether I would be ok if I discontinued my antidepressants.  Part of me is really scared that I might not cope.  Another part of me knows that there are significant benefits to not being on them.

I came to the point where I knew I had to try, so I asked my doctor and he was fine with it.  There shouldn't be many if any side effects from stopping, providing I do it gradually.

The only thing is that I may go back to how I was before.  I'm willing to risk that because I know I'm in a better place than before.  I definitely know myself a hell of a lot better and I have learned a lot about relationships over the past 15 months since I started taking it.

I think I have the tools to cope with things as they pop up in life and I know if everything gets on top of me again I can ask for help.

So wish me luck as I take my first baby steps :-)


No comments: