Thursday, April 17, 2014

And a Happy Easter to you

just a quick catch up, I see on my little visitor counter thingy that people are stopping by every now and then which is great.  Thank you! I appreciate the visits and wonder why on Earth you might find me at all interesting.  Whatever the reason, I'll take it :)

Things for the most part are good at the moment.  Aside from a slight hiccup which I'm chalking up to an episode of PMT.  My antidepressants still can't completely take away the craziness that winds me up at "that time of the month".  Sorry, it sounds a bit crude.  I'm amazed at how my body can turn me into a ticking time bomb just by altering a little chemistry.  I will admit the PMT isn't as bad as before, or maybe I'm handling it better? I really don't know but it is better than the pre-antidepressant me.  Everything I used to go through is far more subdued, still there but not nearly as bad.

OK so good things going on for me...

I have lost a little weight.  Yay! I needed to, really I did.  And I will be happy to lose more but slowly.  Right now I'm averaging about 1kg a month.  I tried low calorie shakes and they got me kick started but with my work hours the way they are and family and the fact that I love food made it tricky to keep going like that.  So now I'm just cutting back and thinking about what I'm eating more seriously.  It's working for me and Hubby.

Work is good, the bully is still there but I'm not being affected as I'm in a different section and have been putting all of my training into practice now.  It is challenging but I'm doing ok.

Last weekend I finished the second draft of my book.  I'm starting to wonder if it's not long enough but I felt like I had to finish on a high exciting note that would lead into the next in the series otherwise it was going to be a really long story.  I've sent it to a couple of trusted friends to get their feedback and then I guess it's onto the third draft.  Some days I look at what I've done and think yeah this isn't bad at all then other days I find myself thinking what an amateurish piece of crap.  I hope one day it might be ready to stick on Amazon but I don't know.  It's been fun to write in any case.

So this weekend is Easter.  I love Easter!  More so for the food than anything else.  Chocolate for breakfast! ;)  Good Friday falls on my wedding anniversary this year, most restaurants etc will be closed for the day which is a bummer but Hubby is cooking me a special dinner.  He's a great cook but doesn't cook often anymore.  We have no real plan other than that for the day, the kids are going to their grandparents for the night so we will be free to do whatever we like.  Even if it is just veg out on the couch and catch up on movies.

The rest of the weekend will be spent with family and friends and should be lovely.

Then in a months time, Hubby and I are going to Bali for a grown up holiday.  It's kind of for my 40th birthday.  We've picked out some lovely restaurants and day spas to go to and have booked a private villa to stay in so we can relax by the pool without having to share with anyone else.  This time around I hope to post while I'm over there, even if it's just photos to keep you up to date and show you how nice it is.

And that's me for now, hope the Easter Bunny leaves you a treat x o

No comments: