Thursday, February 20, 2014

i spoke too soon

silly me.

I wrote my post and headed off to work only to have the WORST day possible, seriously. I cried at work much to my embarrassment.

Same problem, co-worker seems to be targeting me.  This time over something that I used my best judgement in as opposed to following the usual protocol (and was backed up by my manager).  The co-worker let me have it even though they have no authority over me, in fact I have been in this particular role longer than they have. Mind you, I don't consider that I am the boss.  That's not me.  I have no intention or aspirations to become any sort of a leader in my workplace.

To be honest, now I don't want to go into work but I'm forcing myself.  The manager knows what's going on and is taking steps to help but in the meantime I am working myself up into a state about it.  When I look back at yesterday, I was already upset before I even got into work by the co-worker's previous actions... I barely remember the drive to work, I was so pre-occupied. 

There is always an undercurrent of animosity.  It's just awful.

Wish me luck for today, once I get through today then I am not back at work until next Tuesday, which will be a relief and hopefully give me time to regroup a little and work time to sort this person out. (Though that's what I told myself last week too :/ )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi Shish,

Ensure that your boss knows the affect on you too.... okay? It's not okay to feel emotionally unsafe anywhere, but especially at work. We spend so much of our time there.

That co worker needs a good slap to the head!

xx